Forum für Lifestyle, Film, Tabletops, Rollenspiele, Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Sport & Fun
Aktuelle Zeit: Mo 13. Mai 2024, 13:08

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Autor Nachricht
Ungelesener BeitragVerfasst: So 17. Aug 2008, 09:47 
Administrator
Administrator
 Position des Users auf der Mitgliederkarte  Website besuchen  ICQ  Profil

Spielsysteme: Poker, D&D 4E
Der folgende Artikel stammt aus dem Blogg von the kharandhil und stammt aus seiner Kabal of the Dark Moon. Den Artikel findet ihr hier, könnt ihn aber auch im Folgenden nachlesen.

Zitat:

All normal Dark Eldar players need blasters...and prob quite a bunch of blasters!
I may have a huge army, but I don't have tons of them...

I'm very glad I don't have to make any greenstuff shredders LOL, I could actually, well I have...
I made one, who I put on my raider squad who's premanently glued on a raider.
That was just for fun and took me so much time lol
The reason why I don't really need to make more shredders, is just because I have more than enough of them. Even though it's my favorite weapon I don't want to spend tons of time making more of them...
I have 4 reavers, 7 warriors, 7wyches ,2 incubi and 1 hellion with shredders

Now as far as the blaster I have
4 warriors, 3 wyches , 2 incubi and 2 reavers.
Well actually I have 3 reavers with blasters now XD
I'm nearly done with making the first greenstuff blaster
I used to have 2 more reavers with blasters, but those were just badly made...so I got rid of them.

So what I'll be posting here is actually the progress on my blaster making. (and my DL making progress too)
I wasn't really thinking about making warrior blasters...but then after some thinking I changed my mind. I don't have much clue about how I'll take on making the warrior blasters lol. I just know it's way harder than the bike blasters.
The easy design of the reaver blaster is what made me wanna do this conversion from the start...

Well it was way more difficult than I though lol, but the first test blaster is nearly done!
Here it is WIP, nearly done
I just got to do the cable on the back then work on the whole thing to make it nicer.
I can't only do all the small correcting and finishing once the greenstuff is actually hard.

Bild

Bild

This is what I had to cut off and parts I did leave.
Bild

The current WIP
Bild

I don't see much point in making a tutorial, It's nearly all greenstuff work and not really something accesible to everyone...Even I had a hard time making this (I dropped it while making it several times and had to correct the disformed parts from the fall each time...I was so mad...)

Nearly 100% done, just need finishing touches, can't do it right now as greenstuff isn't 100 hard, but it's pretty much done. I hardly have to do anything anymore.

First one done, I've already started making 5 others.
(Incubi wasn't painted by me, i just used him as a refference for my blaster)
I acutally went for a blaster between that of the incubi and that of the reaver.

Bild

Okay those 5 other reaver's blasters are done and even glued on the bikes...here are the pictures...

Some WIP before finishing them

Bild

Bild

Bild
I replaced thos 4 small finishing details with paper instead of greenstuff, it's just cheaper and way faster to make...

and then I was done...and the assault reavers were ready...

Bild

Bild

Bild

I doubt I'll go make more reaver assault weapons...
So far I have 8 blasters reavers and 4 shredder reavers...enough for now...
I don't plan on buying tons of extra reavers (though I feel having 100 reavers on a table must me uber sweet and crazy to see)

Warrior blasters!

I finally did it! and it worked out pretty well though it's still very tricky to make them and takes a fair amount of time...
How did I do it? with molds...and greenstuff...
I went for the incubi blaster, those other blasters are even trickier to make than this one.

I'm going to paint him very soon, (mostlikely start today, it shouldn't take that long for one extra guy)
I want to see how he looks painted. I did start making a second one...I'll see how he turns out. Posting a tutorial for this is useless...If you really do know how to work with greenstuff then you prob won't need to ask for it anyways! Those who don't know how to use greenstuff...I'm sry !

anyways here are the first WIP pictures, Here he still needed a lot of cleaning.
(finished painted picts will be posted in less than a small week)

Bild

More WIP pictures...I ended up making 22 blasters (I had 22 unassembled warriors anyways)

Bild

Bild

Bild

Pros and cons for these blasters:
pro: They look pretty amazing
cons: they do need greenstuff and need a lot of cleaning work, I have to spend a lot of time just making one. You can't clean them perfectly, since at times the molding was a bit bad, that's the only reason why they're not 100% incubi blasters.

Dark Lances

Now my Dark Lances...

I made a new version. I don't fully use the old way I used to do it.
This was my old way,
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=164138.0
now I've added this

Bild

You just cut out of piece of paper. size has to be musred on the gun itself...well that's what I do...
Cutting this part out of paper is just way easier and faster...Make sure the paper is slightly thick paper.
I also use the barrel of the second SC for 2 DLs now. I only use a second SC now because of the barrel, I don't need other parts now. That means that you need 3 SCs to make 2 DLs with this tutorial now and you got less things to cut off and sculpt .

Here are all the ones I've made so far:

Bild

Okay now it's pretty obvious that I don't have enough DLs or blaster in this huge army...
I could buy them ofcourse...but that sure would cost a lot...instead I'll keep that same money for some nice flyers...(or nice ebay auctions)

Bild

(yeah this guy has reserve warriors even though he already has like 350 assembled warriors)

I decided to make warrior blasters too with all these warriors in the back (8 in front will get DLs, the DLs are nearly half done already)
As far as how many blasters I'll make...I'm not sure...I will make 22 if I can (all thos in the back), but I havn't made a warrior blaster yet, so I got no idea on how long it will take...
Depending on all that I'll make just a few or a lot...
I still don't think all my troops need to have either blasters or shredders in their ranks...
I'll spend just the weekend on these warrior blasters...maybe money too, I have to resume painting, so I won't work on it during much more time.

Weekend is nearly done, I finished those last DL, I was making and well I started painting a bit and I'm also almost done with warp beasts. I won't make those warrior blasters any time soon, I'll just finish those warp beasts I was making then resume painting..

So here those DLs I was working on:

Bild

So warrior blasters will be delayed for I don't know how much time.
I want to paint a whole bunch first then go back to these conversions.
[/quote]

Betreff des Beitrags:
Verfasst: So 17. Aug 2008, 09:47 

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde